Sunday, January 27, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing


Once you have tried this dressing you will gag when you taste anything store bought. It is that good. 




1 cup mayonnaise (no substitutions! seriously.)
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp dry parsley
1/8 tsp dry dill
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp dry chives
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
1/8 dry mustard

I just throw all the ingredients in my VitaMix and let it go. I try to let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to thicken up, but we have eaten it straight from the blender and it is fine, just a little thinner.

I have also discovered this wonderful powderedbuttermilk from Saco at Winco. Let me now impart to you a few reasons why this little canister is the bomb dot com.

It helps my dressing to stay fresh longer

It lasts a whole lot longer than a bottle of fresh buttermilk

It allows me to make a dry mix to keep on the pantry shelf


:: enjoy ::




No comments:

Post a Comment