Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes


This recipe is so easy it’s wrong!

I used Grandma’s fabulous-only-pancake-recipe-you-ever-need. I made a cinnamon roll filling mixture and put it in a squeeze bottle I have. The tip was a bit too small, so I think that next time I would cut it down just a little. Just make your pancake recipe as you normally would, pour batter on the griddle and then use your squeeze bottle to make a swirl on your pancakes. When it is ready to flip, FLIP! Then let it cook the rest of the way and TA-DA you are done! What I l.o.v.e.d. about these was that the cinnamon roll filling gets all crispy. It will leave behind a little cinnamon roll goo on your griddle, so just keep in mind that every other pancake you make in that batch will be flavored with cinnamon roll. Unless you take the time to clean it in between of course. I have seen this recipe done with a powdered sugar glaze just like a cinnamon roll, but I thought it would be too sweet. I ate these pancakes hot of the griddle, no syrup or anything, and they were PERFECT.  I think that about covers it, enjoy!


Cinnamon Roll Filling:
4 TBS (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, just melted (not boiling)
1/4 cup + 2 TBS packed brown sugar
1/2 TBS ground cinnamon 

1 comment:

  1. I made these for Sunday lunch. I ate three of them with just butter! They didn't last long on the serving plate. This recipe is going right into my recipe book next to Grandma's pancake recipe.

    ReplyDelete